Osteoporosis is a bone disease that occurs due to decomposition of the bones and insufficient intake of calcium. Indicates porous or fragile bones, which are losing calcium, which gives them strength and stiffness. Occurs in one of the three women and at one of 12 men, and the average will increase by around 10% per each year (age).
- Medical examination
- Densitometry, X-ray, BTC: denzitometrija, RTG, BTC
- Lab test
The goal of treatment is to prevent fractures, stabilization and increased bone mass, remove the symptoms of fractures and deformities, improvement and preservation of functional abilities.
DIGITAL DENZITOMETRY LEXXOS – DMS Test done in 1,5 sec
MEDICATION THERAPY - selection of drugs: Hormon suplement treatment, Alendronat, Risendronat, Etidronat, Reloksifen, PTH, Kalcitonin, Kalcitriol
PHYSICAL THERAPY – special individual programs and organized fitness program, MBST – revolutionar therapy
SUPLEMENT - VTM test
FALL PREVENTION PROGRAM FOR ELDERLY PERSONS
Persons with osteoporosis belong to a group of high risk of fall and fractures, which can be minimised with this program. The program is based on finding risk factors and improving locomotor system and overoll well-being.
DENSITOMETRY IS JUSTIFIED IN CASES OF HIGH RISK FACTORS
Hereditary or by constitution
- female gender, pettite contitution
- late menopause, early menopause
- previous fractures
- family predisposition
- older age
Way of life
- long term smoking, excessive enjoyment of alcohol, coffee
- low intake of milk and calcium
- inactivity, lack of sun exposure, repeated falls, lack of estrogen, barren, too small body weight (BMI < 19)
- extremely unsettled cycles
- excessive physical activity (with amenorea)
- excessive / too small dose thyroid hormone
- long treatment with corticosteroids (more than 7.5 mg per day for more than 6 months)
- anticoagulant (heparin), lithium, antikonvulzioni
- chemotherapy (ca. breast or lymphoma), cyclosporin
- agonist or antagonists, which relieve hormones gonadotropin, antacidi (wearing phosphates or containing aluminum)...
Some diseases with a high risk for osteoporosis
- adrenal gland atrophy and Addison's disease, Cushing's disease
- ankylosante spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis
- chronic obstructive lung disease
- idiopatic skoliosis, Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- endometriosis, primary or sec. hipogonadizam, amenorea or oligomenorea
- hemokromatosis, hemophilia, leukemia and lymphoma
- hyperparatireoidism, hypofosfatasis
- Insulin dependent diabetes
- multiple sclerosis, neurological disorders
- digestion disorders, parenteral nutrition
- liver disease (especially primary biliary cirrhosis)
KALCIJ U HRANI (mg u 100g)
||RED PEPPER (SWEET)
||FRESH LEMON PEEL
|DRIED LEMON PEEL
|DRIED ROSE HIP (WITHOUT SEEDS)
||100 - 850
|DRIED RED ONION
|FRESH ROSE HIP
||DRIED FAVA BEANS
||DRIED WHEAT GERMS
|DRIED PIGNOLO BEANS
||DATE AND CHERRY(FRESH)
||PEANUTS AND YELLOW DRIED PEA
|FRES ORANGE PEEL
||FIGS AND OAT MEAL
|To compare:100 ml of cow milk have got less than 110 mg of calcium
FOOD IN OSTEOPOROSIS PREVENTION
Reduce quantity and calorie value meal and increase their number, eat less quantity, but on several occasions. Substitute red meat with white meat, fish and poultry, but reduce the total amount of meat and meat products.
Take less salt and salted foods. increase the intake of milk and dairy products because they are the best source of quality protein, calcium, phosphorus and vitamin D. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and some nuts every day.
Fruit, vegetables, cereals and milk should be the main food nutrition. Avoid sugar, caffeine, refreshing sparkling beverages and alcohol, because they contribute to bone loss. Drink lots of liquids.
Avoid animal fat and prepare food in olive oil. Pay attention to the preparation of food - vitamins and minerals are very sensitive to light, heat, water and air.